1) Enrolment in Studielink
To apply for the Master’s program you need to enroll in Studielink first, via www.studielink.nl. This is the official Dutch registration website for higher education.
If you officially live in the Netherlands (i.e. you are registered in a Dutch municipality) you are required to use DigiD to log in to Studielink. (DigiD is a personal code that gives you access to Dutch government websites.)If you do not, or do not yet, live in the Netherlands, then you cannot use DigiD and you are required to log in with a Studielink username and password. You will have to make an account. Click on Apply for username and password. Then follow the steps to register.
- Directions for ‘step 3’ of enrollment in Studielink:
- In step 3: ‘My study programs’, you select the study program for which you want to apply
- First, check the radio button for the academic year
- Next, at ‘Institution of higher education’, you check the radio button called: ‘University of Applied Sciences’
- Then, at ‘Type of study program’, you check the radio button ‘Master's or other follow-up study program’
- Thereafter, at ‘Starts in the first year’, you check the radio button ‘Yes’. In the box ‘Educational Institution’ you select ‘Amsterdam University of the Arts’
- In the box ‘Study program name (institution)’ you select either ‘Master of Architecture’, or ‘Master of Landscape architecture’, or ‘Master of Urbanism’
- Starting date is in any case September 1st
In some cases, applying in Studielink with an iCloud-acount (@mac.com, @icloud.com of @me.com) leads to problems with receiving emails from the Amsterdam University of the Arts. We recommend that you register in Studielink with an email account that is not connected to Apple.
2) Applying for Amsterdam Academy of Architecture
After completion of your enrollment in Studielink you will receive an automated e-mail from the AHK (Amsterdam School of the Arts, of which we are a faculty) with information on the application procedure. This e-mail contains an application form, information on the application procedure, your personal application number, and a link to your personal upload page where you can upload the requested documents.
The following documents must be uploaded in PDF / JPEG format in your personal upload page:
- Application form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Internet link to your portfolio
- Passport photograph
- Copy of passport or identity card
- Copy of diplomas and transcripts
- Proof of mastery of the English language
The Master’s programs Architecture, Urbanism and Landscape Architecture are bilingual and are offered both in Dutch and in English. Students need to have sufficient control of the English language, equivalent with level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) See: https://www.efset.org/english-score/cefr/.
Applicants are required to provide proof of their level of English. The form in which they do so is unrestricted. For example: English test results, an English Bachelor’s degree or another document proving the level of English of the applicant.