To register for one of the 4-year master's programs at the Academy of Architecture, you must complete the following steps. (Guest and exchange students first contact firstname.lastname@example.org, see tab Exchange and guest students).
1) Registration Studielink (www.studielink.nl)
Studielink is the official Dutch registration website for higher education. To apply for the master's degree program you must first register in Studielink. If you officially live in the Netherlands (i.e. you are registered in a Dutch municipality) you must use DigiD to log in to Studielink (DigiD is a personal code that gives access to websites of the Dutch government).
If you are not (yet) registered in the Netherlands, you do not have a DigiD code and you must log in with a Studielink username and password. You will need to create an account. Click on request username and password. Then follow the steps to sign up.
Instructions for 'step 3' of enrollment in Studielink:
· In step 3: ‘My study programs’, you select the study program for which you want to apply
· First, check the radio button for the academic year
· Next, at ‘Institution of higher education’, you check the radio button called: ‘University of Applied Sciences’
· Then, at ‘Type of study program’, you check the radio button ‘Master's or other follow-up study program’
· Thereafter, at ‘Starts in the first year’, you check the radio button ‘Yes’. In the box ‘Educational Institution’ you select ‘Amsterdam University of the Arts’
· In the box ‘Study program name (institution)’ you select either ‘Master of Architecture’, or ‘Master of Landscape architecture’, or ‘Master of Urbanism’
· Starting date is in any case September 1st
After completing your registration in Studielink, you will receive an automatic email with information about where and how to upload the required documents.
2) Uploading required documents
On the upload page, applicants must answer the following questions and upload the following documents:
1. Huidige studie en/of studieverleden / Current study and/or previous education
Voor het verstrekken van informatie over je vooropleiding(en) /To provide information regarding your preliminary education(s).
2. Werkervaring/praktijk / Work experience/practice
Om informatie te verstrekken over eventuele werkervaring/To provide information regarding work experience, if any.
3. Motivatie / Motivation
4. Vereiste documenten / Required documents:
-a. Kopie van paspoort of identiteitsbewijs / Copy of passport or identity card
-b. Een recente pasfoto in JPEG formaat / Passport photograph in JPEG format
-c. Diploma('s) en cijferlijsten / Diploma(s) and grades lists
-d. Curriculum Vitae / Curriculum Vitae
-e. Beheersing van de Engelse taal / Command of the English language
Upload een bewijs of een toelichting/Upload a proof or an explanatory note.
-f. Link naar Portfolio / Link to Portfolio
Toegankelijke link naar je portfolio op internet/Accessible link to your portfolio on the internet.
3) Selection procedure
A selection procedure is part of the admission to one of the master's programs at the Academy of Architecture. Selection takes place on the basis of motivation, portfolio, the requirements and, if necessary, an (online) interview. Every year more students sign up than we can allow. That is why the selection is thorough. Attention is also paid to a balanced mix in the cohort to be admitted (Dutch/international; male/female; previous education).
Within two to three weeks after uploading your application documents, you will receive a confirmation of receipt from the Academy of Architecture and information about the next steps in the procedure. If you have not received a message by the end of this period, please contact email@example.com.
Candidates who do not qualify after initial assessment will be notified as soon as possible. Candidates who pass the first selection round may be invited for a 15-minute video interview with one or two members of the Admissions Committee. If so, this will happen in April/May.
We expect to be able to give the final result at the beginning of June.